Metabolomics Society Sponsorship for External Conferences
In keeping with its mission to promote the development of metabolomics science world-wide, the Society wishes to support national, regional and international scientific meetings, to develop a rich and vibrant metabolomics research community. In addition to the Society's major annual meeting series, this initiative is intended to support conferences, workshops and training courses provided by third-party organisations. Sponsorship will be provided in the following two categories:
- Minor Sponsorship: Organisers of conferences, workshops or training courses that focus on metabolomics science may apply for sponsorship up to $500.
- International affiliates: International affiliates of the Metabolomics Society may apply for sponsorship to support national or regional events.
The Metabolomics Society aims to foster developments and applications of metabolomics in a variety of disciplines. We support small-scale symposia, workshops, meetings and courses by a limited amount of financial support.
- The event should have a major focus on the advancement of metabolomics.
- The event should provide a forum for networking and information exchange between scientists from metabolomics and related disciplines.
- Not-for-profit events organised by academia, industry, government and non-government organisations will be supported, providing it is not primarily a marketing event for a single company.
- Registration for the event should be open to all members of the metabolomics community.
- At least one member of the event organising committee should be a member of the Metabolomics Society.
- The financial support provided by the Society (up to $500) may be used to sponsor student prizes, lunches, coffee breaks, receptions or other activities as approved by the Conference and Training Committee.
- The Society does not take any responsibility for organisation of the event or endorse any of the content presented.
- The Metabolomics Society should be acknowledged as a sponsor during the event (by announcement and/or signage) and the society website (www.metabolomicssociety.com) and logo should be displayed on the event website and programme.
- Application guidelines for Minor Sponsorship:
- Two minor conference awards of up to $500/conference will be made available per trimester (Oct-Jan, Feb-May, June-Sept) of each financial year.
- Applications need to be received at least one trimester in advance, and decisions about conferences in a given trimester will be made at the beginning of the preceding trimester. For example, a conference in June of a year needs to submit their application by End of January, with a decision being made at the beginning of February.
- One of the two awards/trimester will be prioritised for conferences in Asia, Africa, or Latin America, but can be awarded to an application from the rest of the world if no application from the priority regions was received during that trimester.
- Funding is not available in consecutive years for a specific conference, but every other year is OK.
- Applications from conferences that have not received previous minor conference support have priority over applications from previously funded conferences.
- The event and the major theme/topic(s)
- Date, time(s) and location
- Event website and expected programme or agenda
- Target audience and the expected number of attendees
- Amount of funds requested and how funds will be used
- Contact details of event coordinator (and metabolomics society member if not the primary coordinator)
The metabolomics society wishes to support the activities of our affiliated regional and national metabolomics communities. Affiliates may apply for financial support for events up to $1500 per annum subject to the following guidelines:
- The event may take the form of a conference, symposium, workshop or training course.
- Metabolomics should be central to the major theme of the event.
- The event must be primarily organised by the international affiliate organisation (NOTE: events organised by third-parties may apply for support under the other sponsorship categories).
- Registration for the event must be open to all members of the metabolomics community.
- The intended use of funds should be described in the application. Travel awards or prizes for young scientists are encouraged by the society. Prize/award-winners should be current members of the Metabolomics Society.
- The Society does not take responsibility for organisation of the event, selection of award-winners or endorse the scientific content presented at the event.
- The Metabolomics Society should be acknowledged as a sponsor during the event (by announcement and/or signage), and the society website (www.metabolomicssociety.com) and logo should be displayed on the event website and programme.