Calling for Locations of Interest – Metabolomics 2026!
Help us determine an exciting place to host the 2026 conference, which will rotate to the North + South America region. Click here to fill out the simple form with your suggestions before March 1.
Welcome To The Metabolomics Society
The Metabolomics Society is dedicated to promoting the growth, use and understanding of metabolomics in the life sciences. Metabolomics is a newly emerged field of “omics” research concerned with the comprehensive characterization of the small molecule metabolites in biological systems. It can provide an overview of the metabolic status and global biochemical events associated with a cellular or biological system. As such, it can accurately and comprehensively depict both the steady-state physiological state of a cell or organism and of their dynamic responses to genetic, abiotic and biotic environmental modulation.
The Metabolomics Society is an independent, non-profit organization, governed by a Board of Directors composed of dedicated members of the metabolomics community but ultimately responsive to its members. The Metabolomics Society’s vision is to become the premier organization devoted to the development of metabolism-based research. Constituted in 2004, the Metabolomics Society now has more than 1,000 members in more than 40 countries.
Join us in Osaka, Japan!
Save the Date! The 20th Annual International Conference of the Metabolomics Society will be held June 16-20, 2024, in Osaka Japan. Visit the conference website www.metabolomics2024.org for details.
- To promote the growth and development of the field of metabolomics internationally
- To provide the opportunity for collaboration and association among the workers in that science and in related sciences and connections between academia, government and industry in the field of metabolomics
- To provide opportunities for presentation of research achievements and creation of workshops, and
- To promote the publication of meritorious research in the field.
Our Board, Committees And Task Groups
The Society is led and operated through the voluntary efforts of the member-elected Board of Directors. Directors serve for two years when elected, and may stand for a second 2-year term if they desire.
- The Society has different Committees to execute specialized tasks: Conference, Training, Early Career Member Network, Membership, Nominations and Elections, Website and Communication, and Publications.
- The Society has several Task Groups with a focused goal including: Data Quality, Data Standards, Metabolite Identification, Computational Mass Spectrometry, Model Organism Metabolomes, Precision Medicine and Pharmacometabolomics, International Affiliations, Industry Engagement and Society Strategy.